Element 1: Confidence in Yourself
Part One: Be Who You Are
1. I stay true to myself, even if I know it will disappoint people around me.
2. I remain steady, balanced, and calm no matter what’s going on around me.
3. I routinely ask for, and take in, feedback without becoming defensive.
4. I am gentle and compassionate with myself when I struggle or fail.
5. I recognize, and embrace, multiple sides of me, including sides that feel unsavory.
6. I care much more about being useful than about being recognized.
Part Two: Become Who You Want to Be
7. I clearly see the person I want to be and the future I want to create.
8. I clearly see the ways in which I already am the person I want to become.
9. I put aside distractions to focus on the future I want to create.
10. I invest my energy wisely and strategically.
11. I work a balanced amount (I am not a workaholic).
12. I laugh easily and often.
Element 2: Connect with Others
Part One: Be Curious and Trusting
13. People clearly know and feel that I trust them (even when we disagree).
14. People clearly know and feel that I listen to them (even when we disagree).
15. People clearly know and feel that I am curious about them and don’t draw conclusions about them.
16. I approach sticky problems with curiosity and creativity.
17. I make myself useful in whatever way is needed to support what others need.
18. I am well-liked by all (even people who disagree with me).
Part Two: Be Clear and Trustworthy
19. I energize the people around me to move forward.
20. I don’t procrastinate on the conversations I’m afraid of having.
21. I am skilled at initiating hard conversations.
22. I am skilled at communicating in the midst of heated emotions.
23. I easily admit when I’ve made a mistake or I’m wrong.
24. People clearly know and feel that I appreciate them (even when we disagree).
Element 3: Commit to Purpose
Part One: Energize Your Focus
25. I give my all to achieve what I’m most passionate about.
26. I am clear about the small number of things that “move the needle” on what matters most.
27. I focus my time and energy on the small number of things that matter most I and let go of the rest.
28. I have a clear and reliable process that keeps me focused on the small number of things that matter most.
29. I am willing to repeat myself until I’m bored in order to reinforce what matters most.
30. I am willing to stay silent about everything else in order to reinforce what matters most.
Part Two: Focus Their Energy
31. My team prioritizes our shared interests over their individual interests.
32. I involve people in the earliest, beginning stages of our work.
33. I have a clear and reliable process that ensures people follow through on their commitments.
34. I have a clear and reliable process that holds people accountable.
35. I truly believe that I need help and I ask for it.
36. I am effective at helping others recover and perform after their mistakes, failures and struggles.
Element 4: Emotional Courage
Part One: Feel Courageously
37. At any given moment, I can identify what I am feeling.
38. I can identify where in my body I feel an emotion.
39. I can easily manage the tension of not getting what I want.
40. I routinely step into the unknown.
41. Pain and discomfort do not dissuade me from doing what needs to be done.
42. I regularly feel a wide range of emotions at the same time, some of them contradictory.
Part Two: Act Boldly
43. I routinely take calculated and bold risks.
44. I intentionally put myself in uncomfortable situations.
45. I make hard decisions quickly.
46. I skillfully tell people hard truths in a way that they can hear it.
47. I regularly try new ways of acting, even when it doesn’t feel authentic.
48. I make the highest impact use of each moment.